Travel Guide To Cinque Terre: Everything You Need To Know Before Visiting This Land
Are you planning for a vacation? Do you wanna visit one of the dreamiest places in the world? If yes, then add Cinque Terre on your bucket list. Yes, Cinque Terre is the dream location for many travellers Travel Guide To Cinque Terre as it offers oodles of sunshine, colourful locations and tons of visitors. Every year the place welcomes approx 2 million visitors from around the world.
Travel Guide To Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre is known as one of the most memorable places of Italy. The rich culture and heritage, National Park, artworks, churches, palaces, museums, and castles are the attractions that you must see. Well, this place is a little crowded too. But, before heading to this place, you should be aware of each and every minor detail about this place.
So, we put together this short Travel Guide To Cinque Terre that is worth knowing before visiting the Cinque Terre:
- 5 Villages and a National Park: In the Italian Riviera, Cinque Terre is the most scenic place to visit, which has 5 villages- Monterosso, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore. Best way to visit these villages is by train.
- Land of hills: Riomaggiore is is the second largest villages among the five. Travellers can come by train. The land is hilly, really hilly that’s not advisable to go by car. Note that car parking is very high, uphill. Most of the properties for rental are located down towards the Marina where vehicles can’t go. So, in this case, you have to climb up the stairs with the luggage. Be prepared in advance so that you don’t have to curse yourself for climbing 100+ stairs.
- Know it’s crowded in Summer: The population of the Cinque Terre is 4000, but as we know every year they receive more than 2 million travellers every year. Most of the visitors come in summer, so be informed you will find them crowded especially from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm when day trippers come to visit the area.
- Specialties of the 5 villages and what they offer: each village of Cinque Terre has its own flair but, in appearance all are same. Similar appearance means more confusion, so it is really very important to know the difference before booking your accommodations.
- Travel by train. We suggest you to book your train tickets in advance.
This village has an old town and a new town with the best beaches. Well, frankly saying it is the least interesting place but those who have mobility issues can go there. Where to Stay in Monterosso: large and luxury Villa Tanca, Villa Montale or smaller Levre dei Cuppi and La Casa del Gigante are the most recommended places to stay.
From cafes, restaurants to picturesque view, this place is full of wow moments. Where to Stay: In Vernazza, you can stay at one of the exclusive properties of Cinque Terre Riviera Incoming Tour Operator. In case you visit Vernazza by car visit our dedicated page on car parking areas.
One of the smallest villages, where the visitors can reach hardly because of approx 100- meter climb wherever you approach to go. Only a day trip is recommended for this place with a small backpack for luggage. Where to Stay: please visit our page dedicated to Corniglia. We have amazing properties for rental in that charming village.
It is famous for the dive spot. If you are planning a trip with your kids, then visit this place definitely. Where to Stay in Manarola: welcoming Radici Apartment, La Lampara and Il Baluardo tower house, exclusive L’Artista.
This place is the second largest villages with the best picturesque. Another center of attraction here is an incredible sunset. Here for the most liked place to stay in Riomaggiore.
Read all the details mentioned above carefully and you are ready to go!