One of the most frequent requests we receive from customers who have 2, 3 or 4 days and desire to visit the Cinque Terre is “moving from one village to the other” and stay just one night each village.
Well, it could be a romantic way of visiting the area and if you travel light and in the off season no problem.
the area even if full of interesting attractions is really small and no use moving each night and changing room or apartment
Here the reasons why you should not book just one night and move from one village to the other
When we get to the high season which is from April to October actually your romance could turn into a nightmare and you would end passing all your time moving around from one station to the other, fighting with the crowd and the Cinque Terre steps and wasting all you time waiting for the right check-in time.
Then all the owners prefer renting more than 2 nights especially for valuable properties.
Best properties accept just one night close to arrival date as a last minute stay to cover a gap night
Choose just one village and make it your visiting base
1. The villages are really close one to the other
2. Train distances maximum 20 minute
3. Trains run frequently till late at night
4. Check-in and Check out would steal your lots of time
5. Moving with bags around the Cinque Terre is never easy due to steps and train crowded, especially in correspondence with check-in times
6. Owners of most valuable properties are reluctant to rent just one night especially in advance
7. It is more convenient renting just one property so to avoid multiple cleaning fees charges
8. Check-in time is usually from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. – check out time is usually within 10:00 a.m.
So, from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. you would have to figure out what to do with your bags!
9. Bags deposit areas are not present in all the villages and would cost you more money
and then point #10
10. Visiting the Cinque Terre area should not be a touch-and-go tourist move and and we do not want this region to be just another commercial tourist trap.
We love customer who fall in love with our land and our culture, nature, traditions and unique flavours.
You will need time to visit this land in relax, to walk its path and streets not in a hurry.
The stress of an early check-out should not ruin you breakfast in the “piazza” or your lunch in the lovely hidden “trattoria” up above the village.
You should have time to forget train times and connections and baggages and car parking distance
So take your time, think you travelled hundreds of miles to reach this place and so, if you are here, stay here, enjoy the land at full living sunrises and sunsets as a local, enjoy events such as concerts and traditional feasts with no rush.