Planning to get married in the Cinque Terre?
Your choice cannot be brighter than this, but follow these Top 5 Tips to get a sensational wedding in the most romantic Riviera on earth!
TIP #1 – Carefully pick the right season:
Pleasant months in terms of weather are May, June, September and the first half of October.
November to March in many other parts of Italy could be ok, but here, in the Cinque Terre, we suggest to avoid them, since, during the low season (even though price are cheaper,) most of the venues, restaurants and bars, after a very intense and long tourist season, remain closed for holiday and business restyling.
April is a bit at risk due to the unpredictability of the weather.
So better go for the late Spring, Summer months. July and August might be ok, but consider they are the hottest months and not all the properties have air conditioning. Despite the legend that July and August are the most crowded months, this is true, actually, for May June and September. So, if you are looking for a wedding in this season our only recommendation is that you book very, very early!
TIP #2 – Hire a local planner:
for couples coming abroad who don’t speak Italian, it is highly recommended to have a reference person or a company to guide them from the very first moves to the final day. Cinque Terre Riviera works both as planner and wedding coordinators so, on the ceremony day, you won’t be alone. Upon your request we’ll follow any single moment of your time schedule of events (table setting, speeches during dinner, music list, first dance and cake cutting) and all your guests requirements (trains, taxis and emergencies). Your celebration will be so smooth and will have just to enjoy the day.
TIP #3 – Photography is so important:
this is such a scenic, romantic and unique region that it would be really a shame not to save a photographic memory of your wedding day. We always suggest our couples to save eventually on other things but not on pictures! And we also recommend to go local on the photographer choice, our photographers know the land and its most attractive spots and best light time, so you will save time in getting the best of the area in your pics.
TIP #4 – Consider A Symbolic Ceremony
For those planning a destination wedding in the Cinque Terre, we recommend not trying to do the legal version in Italy (unless you are a resident). Civil and religious weddings can be possible, of course, and we have planned successfully so many of them, but they require a boring and long preparation of papers in your country and then, when in Italy, still other formalities to be done, always running the risk that something gets wrong and must be fixed, if possible, paying higher fees.
For a less stressful and smooth ceremony just hire a local planner who will provide a local celebrant and will handcraft your ceremony following your personalities and celebrate in your own language. Make it personal, make it unique and choose the easiest way. Pick poems and readings of your like.It’s your bright wedding day in the Riviera, do not make it a heavy burden. Just have your formal civil rite at your local town hall at home and then, here in the Cinque Terre, celebrate with joy and fun in front of your relatives and friends.
TIP #5 – Go local for the menu and your reception will be amazing!
Either you choose a catering company or a restaurant, we recommend you to follow our chefs advice and pick always the best of local food. Our wedding services have always been a success on terms of food, simple and healthy as per our Ligurian tradition. And the cake? Do not miss to end your party with the best of the Italian bakery, choose a traditional Italian cake where colors, make and taste mingle till perfection.
And here some other quick additional tips
* Choose carefully your travel dates and take your time in the Cinque Terre Riviera. Don’t rush but enjoy the romance of the place.
* Choose local flowers and herbs, lemons, olive and bay leaves are cheaper and look so nice on your wedding table; candles and light might then warm the atmosphere.
* Ask for local wedding traditions: benediga (street blessing), confetti (almond sweets), bomboniere (wedding favors). They will add a special and Italian touch and more fun to your wedding.
* Save time to talk to our photographers before your wedding day and take with them a survey tour; it will ease your final photo service.
* Plan, if possible, a survey one year or some months before your wedding; talking directly and know each other will be create the perfect feeling between you and us, your destination wedding planner. And you could take the chance of making amazing “save the date” or “invitation” cards for your guests. But if this is not possible, do not worry: email, skype and phone calls will do a great job.
* Ask for activities for you and your guests while here in the area; boat tours and cooking classes, pesto and pasta making will make your event even more memorable.
* Book rooms and apartments, villas and studios well in advance for you and your guests. We at Cinque Terre Riviera will be your coordinator for all your party both for accommodation and transfers.